Pages

Tuesday

Why I like Sick, Nasty People!

.
I like sick, nasty people, why?  Because they keep me humble and remind me of who I used to be. A person full of self-hate who thought criticizing and putting other people down was the only way I could feel good about myself.  I did that until I realized that the self-hate I felt was the absence of love, self-love.  The more time I spent loving and appreciating myself exactly the way I was with all of my faults, warts and shortcomings, the less time I felt the need to 'set other people straight' because they acted or thought differently than I did. Today, when I encounter a sick, nasty person who disturbs me in any way that's a SIGNAL telling me there is something inside of me that needs loved. Once I love that dark place inside myself, the nasty person who bothered me in the first place, bothers me no more.

3 comments:

  1. The best response you can give a person who criticizes you or puts you down in any way is your silence. Your silence tells the person who insulted you that they do not exist in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband simply says, "thank you," and moves on.
    I send back the negative energy with a love hit, hoping it will deflate them some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. thank you, Frederick.

    ReplyDelete