Pages

Monday

We Idolize Saints And Then Tear Them Down...

.
We idolizes saints, no not saints as in the 'religious sense' but saints as in the 'sports sense'. And, no, I am not talking about the New Orleans Saints.  I am talking about the Armstrong's and Roethlisberger's of the sports world. Society builds them up in our eyes and when they are at the top of their game, society tears them down to size. Of course they are flawed, they are human beings just like us, flawed, only in different ways.  It seems we, as a society, can't tolerate anyone being perceived as better than us for too long a period of time before we, as a society, feel compelled to cut them down to size. 

The lesson I learned from watching society create heroes and then tear them down to size is to idolize no one, Instead I concentrate my energy on becoming the best person I can become.  The fact is no hero in the public eye can ever become a better hero to me than I can to myself. 



 
Comments Welcome
Post Comments Anonymously if you wish
.

No comments:

Post a Comment