Pages

Wednesday

Understanding Embarrassment

.

Embarrassment is the 'STOP YOU' emotion.

It is no accident that when we get embarrassed we turn red. Embarrassment is the 'Stop You' emotion.  I call it the 'stop you' emotion because it stops you from being you, it stops you from speaking up, it stops you from having what you want, it stops you from asking for what you want... 

We all have things we are embarrassed about, that is very normal. However when we use our feelings of embarrassment as an excuse to not ask for what we want, we lower our self-esteem and make our feelings of embarrassment a road block to the love, success, and happiness we want.  Embarrassment even causes us to not have the money we want, as in, I am too embarrassed to ask for a raise.

Even to this day, I embarrass easily, especially when I ask other people for help but I no longer let embarrassment sabotage my life or stop me from creating the life I want.  Once I understood the dictionary definition of the word embarrassed, I was free to be embarrassed and ask for help any way.

The Dictionary definition of the word: EMBARRASSED
 
1. to cause confusion and shame to; make uncomfortably self-conscious; disconcert;
2. to make difficult or intricate, as a question or problem; complicate.
3. to put obstacles or difficulties in the way of; impede:  



I must admit I feel embarrassed, right now, as I make a request for your help but, in spite of my feelings of embarrassment, I will ask for your help anyway. When you purchase one of my $3.97 'What WORKS' publications, you support the financial health of the Inspired Living Blog. Please support my blog with a purchase by clicking here. ALTERNATIVELY, if you don't want to support my blog with a purchase, you can support it this way:

MONEY REPRESENTS ENERGY

Money represents 'energy' to me. I spend energy writing the articles you read up
on my blog. You spend energy making the money you do and when you donate 
money to me because you  have found value in my writing, we have exchanged 
a little bit of energy with one another.  - Frederick Zappone


Suggested Donation $5.00 and up.....
.

No comments:

Post a Comment