Pages

Monday

Giving up the Struggle

The dialogue you are about to read was inspired by a series of dreams I had about my relationship with God.The excerpt you are about to read is from my Spiritual Reflections Handbook. - Frederick Zappone

Life Without Struggle.....

John: God, I want my life to be easy. I don't want to struggle with my problems any more.

God: So make life easy on yourself

John: You don't understand God, it's hard, it's really hard for my life to be easy, there is so much struggle attached to it.

God: So, don't struggle.

John: But I must struggle....

God: Why must you struggle John?

John: I simply must struggle in life, doesn't everyone?

God: You are not everyone.

John: It wouldn't be fair if I didn't have to struggle in life and everyone else did, would it?

God: Who says it has to be fair?

John: I do

God: See, it is your attitude you have to struggle in life that makes you struggle.

John: If I didn't struggle, I wouldn't be normal.

God: So what is normal?

John: Isn't it normal to be like everyone else?

God: If you are being like everyone else, you are not being yourself, right?

John: That's true but it just wouldn't seem right?

God: What wouldn't seem right?

John: Not to struggle like everyone else.

God: So be like everyone else and struggle.

John: I don't want to struggle.

God: So don't struggle

John: Is it really as simple as all of that God?

God: It's that simple John.

John: It's too simple God, I would sooner struggle with my life.

God: You would???

John: Well, not really, but I have struggled all of my life, I wouldn't know how to act if I didn't struggle.

God: Okay, then struggle, it makes no difference to me John.

John: It is not possible to live life without struggle!

God: Who says so John?

John: I say so God!

God: John do you see how your WORD has become law in the universe?

John: What do you mean God?

God: You say it is not possible to live your life without struggle, right?

John: Yes I do.

God: Don't you see that you struggle every day because of what you BELIEVE? You believe in struggle John. Don't you know whatever you believe in always comes true?

As you sow so shall you reap. Whatever you believe in always comes true John. It is a "spiritual truth that has been handed down to people, like yourself, for centuries and still people would sooner struggle with their problems than trust me.

John there is only one struggle you must give up and that is the struggle to find me because I am as close as your very breath. I am here with you in this moment of now.

Can you feel me now John? Can you sense you are not alone? Can you feel my presence in the here and now? You can if you want to John but you must want to with your whole heart and soul.

Experiencing my "presence" in your life must be the first priority of your life, moment by moment, for the rest of your life. That is, if you want life to be easy and very magical for you. The choice is yours to make John..

John, the greatest gift I have given you is your power of choice, your free will to do as you please and I will never take that away from you.

If it pleases you to struggle with your problems John rather than trusting me with them, then do so with my blessings. I love you unconditionally John, whether you choose to struggle or not, and because I do, the love I have for you never demands its own way. You do remember that love never demands its own way, don't you John?

(End of Excerpt)

------------------------

After you are finished reading this page, you can click on the HOME link (located below) to return to Spiritual Reflections Main Page. Bookmark the main page to return to this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment