Pages

Tuesday

Tells the Tale

A Thought Provoking True Story

In 1997 I met a woman in the business world. I didn't know what her religion was and I didn't ask. I observed her words and actions over a period of months. She was the most thoughtful, generous and non-judgmental soul I had ever met. What a role model she was, more perfect than I would ever become.

We attended a meeting together at an Embassy in Washiongton, D.C. with over 150 dignitaries in attendance from governments around the world. She was supremely confident in herself, always peaceful and kind and treated other people with the utmost respect all the time. She was sensitive and strong and a beauty to boot! It was apparent to me that she knew many things about God that I did not.

One day out of the blue, I asked her what religion she belonged too! She said to me; "I don't belong to any religion, I don't believe in God." I ask her why not because she acted more Christian than any person I had ever met in my life.

Her reply stunned me. "I am a Communist" she replied! That was the day I realized it is not what you believe that makes you one with God, it is how you act and treat other people that tells the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment