Pages

Tuesday

WYSIWYG

Wysiwyg is short for: What you see is what you get. As far as I can tell, most of the problems in life are caused by pretense and duplicity. Often times what you see in a person and what you get from them are two different things.

Someone says they love you and with their actions they treat you with abuse and disrespect - A case of pretense and duplicity.

Your boss flatters you to death, tells you what a great worker you are. He keeps promising you a raise and/or a promotion and a year later, no raise, no promotion. Another case of pretense and duplicity.

People get "taken in" every day because they believe the words of other people more than they believe what they do. If you don't want to be conned any more, pay more attention to what a person does than what they say.

What a person says is not always the truth. On the other hand, what they do always is!

--------------------

People are creatures of habit. Before getting too deeply involved with someone on a personal or professional level, this is what I do:

I observe them for awhile and if I see consistency between their "word and actions", over a period of time, I know I can trust them. If they are inconsistent then I know that they are someone I cannot trust. This piece of advice that I follow has saved me a lot of heartache and tears both on the personal and professional levels of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment