Pages

Tuesday

The Freedom Forgiveness Brings (Article)

.
.

The trapped, anxious, depressed feelings people experience are, most often, a result of not forgiving themselves for past mistakes. The problem with not forgiving ourselves for past mistakes is that we remained trapped in a 'negative mindset' that limits our ability to set ourselves free to be the best person we can be. Lack of self-forgiveness shuts down our creative minds while forgiving ourselves opens them up so we can think our most inspired and creative thoughts.

What does it mean to forgive?

Forgive means to: 1. grant pardon for an offense ; to absolve; to set free from punishment. 2. to cease to feel resentment against yourself or others. When you forgive yourself you are set free to create what you want rather than tolerating and putting up with mistakes from your past.  The unwillingness to forgive yourself for your mistakes makes them  stick to you like SUPER GLUE. 


Here is a list of possible things you might need to forgive yourself for:

1. I forgive myself for being stupid.
2. I forgive myself for marrying the wrong person for me.
3. I forgive myself for never having enough money.
4. I forgive myself for hurting other people.
5. I forgive myself for not being as creative as I want to be.
6. I forgive myself for being too hard on myself.
7. I forgive myself for not loving myself as much as I should.
8. I forgive myself for not taking better care of myself physically.
9. I forgive myself for being a big fat slob.
10. I forgive myself for drinking too much.
11. I forgive myself for smoking too much.
12. I forgive myself for being lazy.
13. I forgive myself for thinking God doesn't care about me.
14. I forgive myself for allowing myself to be taken advantage of.
15. I forgive myself for losing touch with my personal power. 
16. I forgive myself for feeling guilty.
17. I forgive myself for feeling ashamed.
18. I forgive myself for disappointing myself.
19. I forgive myself for being weak.
20. I forgive myself for my perfectionism.

What do you need to forgive yourself for?

The moment you forgive yourself, God does too!

----------------------------------------
Support Project FORGIVE, Click Here to watch video 

5 comments:

  1. > I forgive myself for thinking negatively of things and situations.
    > I forgive myself fot getting jealous without any solid reason.
    > I forgive myself for having fears sometimes.
    > Forgiving others feels so good, because it is in forgiving that we are forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgive myself, I forgive all others, I am forgiven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgive myself for letting myself feel things that happen are all my fault!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i forgive myself for not being enthusiastic
    for not being happy
    for being lazy
    for being upset with life
    for not taking better care of my body
    for not being confident
    for not wanting more
    for believing that i need other people to make me happy
    for not smiling
    for not being who i want to be
    for the things ive failed at
    for not trying my best a everything
    for not having determination
    for not being focused
    for not appreciating all the wonderful and beautiful things i already had
    for not realising how great life is and should be
    for not having and making the friends i want
    for not showing enough love and affection to those who deserve it
    for being jealous
    for making myself feel so down,unwell and unequal
    for caring what other thought about me
    but i know now i can create change and be who ever i want
    i forgive myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgive my myself for dwelling in anger for so long.
    i forgive myself for keeping malice.
    i forgive myself for being angry.
    i forgive myself for being so negative
    i forgive myself for thinking so much about wat others think or thought about me.

    ReplyDelete