Pages

Saturday

Physical Therapy (Humor)

.
Top 10 Rules for Physical Therapy By your Therapist

1. Never say "I can't" because you'll do it anyway.
2. Never say, "it's easy" because we'll just make it harder
3. Never say, "I want to go home" because you'll stay longer
4. Never lose count because you'll start at one again
5. Never complain because we never listen.
6. Never argue because you'll never win.
7. Never scream or cry because it only encourages us.
8. Never look like you're enjoying it because we'll put a stop to it.
9. Never hold your breath because if you pass out and die, we have to fill out the paperwork.
10 Never lie or cheat because we know the truth and you will live to regret it.  



--------------------------------
Self-Love MASTERY Program (Expensive)
.
.

10 comments:

  1. I actually went to a Physical Therapist that had this laminated, standing on the counter where you signed in... it is all true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent this to my PT and she shared it in a staff meeting. They thought it was spot on. ;-)

      Delete
    2. I am glad they liked it. Thanks for letting me know...

      Delete
    3. We had this posted at our clinic and I had to take it down as too many people thought we were serious. ?!?! No sense of humor!

      Delete
    4. I have been saying for quite some time, in part, one of the problems we have in our society today is that people have lost their sense of humor. They have lost their ability to laugh at themselves. Taking one's self too seriously just make a bad situation worse.

      Delete
    5. As a physical therapist, I use humor daily in my practice. My patient's appreciate the laughing and light side of things. Why not take a situation that can be almost intolerable for them and help them feel better about themselves and forget their troubles for a few moments. I tease my patients about the 10 rules and use other humor, but I also give them multitudes of positive feedback and positive thoughts of the future. It works and my patient's get better! These 10 rules have been my favorite for years. Its no wonder they call me "The Mistress of Pain and Misery". :)

      Delete
    6. Anonymous, I don't get many people who take the time to leave thoughtful comments so when someone, like yourself, does, it's important for me to let you know that your comments are very much appreciated by me. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I use humor all the time! I think inorder to be a Physical Therapist you have to be a comedian. Like Anonymous stated i totally agree. I have yet to meet a PT that has no sense of humor. (WE ARE HOWEVER RESPECTFUL! AND Sensitive to feelings of patients...and if someone isn't in the laughing mood I respect that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting points and funny points you have discussed it's really make me smile.

    ReplyDelete