Pages

Sunday

A Real Life Lesson About GRATITUDE.....

.

The letter contains the lesson I learned about gratitude today

Dear Lorena,

I wanted to send you a personal letter of thanks and let you know how much I appreciate

you signing up for my free gratitude messages.

I must admit I was disappointed in the number of people who signed up for my free gratitude

messages so far.  I thought it would be hundreds by now but so far you are one of 8 people who signed
up which makes my feelings of gratitude towards you even more meaningful to me. Let me explain.

In life, it is natural to be disappointed from time to time. At the moment of being disappointed we

have a choice to make. Do we stay disappointed?  Do we get angry about being disappointed?
Do we become bitter and blame God or someone outside ourselves for being disappointed? 

OR.....


Do we use our disappointment as an opportunity to find gratitude in a disappointing situation.


In my case, I am using my disappointment in the number of people who signed up for my gratitude

messages as a reason to be extremely grateful for the 8 people who did sign up.  You see, at this
point, I can continue to feel disappointed or I can focus on the joy I felt when I saw that you
signed up for my gratitude messages.

I choose to focus on the joy I felt when you signed up.


When it comes to gratitude....it's all about our focus.... We can focus on
what we expected to
happen that didn't happen which will make us feel ungrateful
or we can focus on what we wanted
that did happen which makes us feel grateful.  In this case,  I am grateful that you are one of the 8
people who did sign up for my gratitude messages. And when I remember the feelings of gratitude
I felt when I saw that you you signed up, I feel the glorious feelings only a grateful
heart can feel, all over again, and I feel good,,,,

Warmly,


Frederick 


If you have friends and family members that

you wish to see receive my  daily 'gratitude
messages' send them one of these three links:

Gratitude MASTERY

Gratitude FLOODS the Mind With Inspired Ideas
How to make the 'Attitude of Gratitude' Work MIRACLES in your life.


---------------------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE:  I sent this personal letter out to all 8 of the people who subscribed to my free gratitude messages. As I thought about each person who subscribed to my 'gratitude messages' prior to sending them a copy of this letter, I felt more and more gratitude flood my heart and that feeling is both expansive and energizing.  I have no idea when the next person will sign up for my gratitude messages, it could be today, tomorrow or next week. It does not matter because I do know this, when the next person does sign up whether it is you or someone else, I will feel as grateful for them as I feel for the first eight people who made it possible for me to find grateful feelings in a disappointing situation.


If you feel inspired to do so, please share this lesson 
about gratitude with your friends on Twitter and FB.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment