Pages

Wednesday

Emotional Honesty

I believe people trust emotional honesty more than they do intellectual honesty. I also believe if a person's strength is expressing themselves emotionally and their partner's strength is expressing themselves intellectually, conflict is inevitable.

In my opinion, intellectual language is very different than emotional language. For example, the Middle East Conflict.

It is my belief that reason the conflict between Israel and Palestine has continued for such a long time is because both sides are not hearing each other. In other words, the Middle East conflict is nothing more than one big, bloody, violent misunderstanding.

It is my observation that Jews are more intellectual than emotional in their self-expression while the people from Palestine are more emotional than intellectual in their self-expression. As a result they are not hearing one another.

I am not saying the Jews are not emotional people because they are. I am saying they express themselves primarily with "intellectual" rather than "emotional" language.

I am also not saying that the people from Palestine are not intelligent people because they are. I am saying they express themselves primarily with "emotional " rather than "intellectual" language.

If the Jews understood "emotional language" better and if the people from Palestine understood "intellectual language" better, it would be rather easy to resolve their differences of opinion but they do not and the bloody conflict goes on and on and on.....

----------------

"After a misunderstanding is resolved,
the love we have for another takes its place."



.

No comments:

Post a Comment