Pages

Tuesday

Energy & Action

.
When you are taking action to make something happen, in your life. be aware of your energy, your feelings. If you energy is positive and high you will create the results you want.

As an example, years ago before I became a published writer, I was doing the right things but putting the wrong energy into my writings. My writings were good enough to be pubished but no one was publishing them.

On the other hand, a woman friend of mine, spent one night writing one chapter to a book. Her premise was good but her writings were not. She submitted a book proposal to Simon and Schuster Publishers based on her poorly written chapter.

Much to my surprise, two weeks later, she receive a contract from Simon and Schuster with a "cash advance" to finish her book and submit it to them for publication. This was unheard of, giving an unknown writer a cash advance to finish a book.

I was mystified by her success. Why did she have immediate success while I was still struggling to get published.

Doubting my abilities as a writer, I submitted samples of my work along with her sample chapter to an independent editor. I asked his opinion as to which writings he thought were better. He said, without a doubt, my writings were superior but her writings had superior energy in them..

His comments woke me up, it wasn't the words, it was the energy put into the words when they were written that made the difference....

The energy we put into something is more important than form.... Our form can be perfect but if the energy we put into a project is poor, then the form will not produce the result we want, while the right energy will!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment