Pages

Saturday

From coward to SUPERMAN

.
For many years of my life, I was a coward at heart. No one knew I was a coward, that was my little secret. People thought of me as strong but that is only what I allowed them to see.

Inside, I felt like a coward. I didn't think on my own, I wouldn't take chances and life was becoming increasingly uncomfortable for me..... Change had to happen in my life or soon I would become one of the "living dead," walking around like I was alive but feeling dead inside.

I decided to change all that one day and do something my mother wouldn't let me do, as a kid, and that was to fly like Superman.....and I did....

I found a bridge with a river below it. The bridge was 300 feet high. After gathering up my courage, I jumped off the bridge and soared like Superman. What a sensation, what a rush. It was unbelievable... In those few seconds I felt a freedom in my life that I had never felt before. I felt no fear, only unbridled happiness and joy.....

And just a moment before my hand could reach out and touch the water below, the bungee cord attached to my feet pulled me back up into the sky... Dangling like a puppet in the air, I found the courage I always knew I had....and I have never felt like a coward since..

If you are feeling like a coward, like I once did, do something, safely, that scares you a bit.. It will change your life forever. It could be bungee jumping, sky-diving or rappelling down a 10,000 foot mountain side. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do it safely and it scares you a bit...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment