Pages

Sunday

A Success Plan

For people who do not have a plan for their success, I recommend Paul J. Meyer's five step approach for success. I worked for his company years ago, What I learned from Paul back then still influences my thoughts and actions to this day. Here is Paul's personal success plan.


Paul J. Meyer's Personal Success Plan
by Paul J. Meyer
Founder, Success Motivation® International, Inc.
Waco, Texas

I. Crystallize Your Thinking

Determine what specific goal you want to achieve. Then dedicate yourself to its attainment with unswerving singleness of purpose, the trenchant zeal of a crusader.

II. Develop a Plan for Achieving Your Goal and a Deadline for its Attainment

Plan your progress carefully; hour-by hour, day-by-day, month-by-month. Organized activity and maintained enthusiasm are the wellsprings of your power.

III. Develop a Sincere Desire for the Things You Want in Life.

A burning desire is the greatest motivator of every human action. The desire for success implants "success consciousness" which, in turn, creates a vigorous and ever-increasing "habit of success."

IV. Develop Supreme Confidence in Yourself and Your Own Abilities

Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses...on your powers, instead of your problems.

V. Develop a Dogged Determination to Follow Through on Your Plan, Regardless of Obstacles, Criticism or Circumstances or What Other People Say, Think, or Do.

Construct your Determination with Sustained Effort, Controlled Attention, and Concentrated Energy. OPPORTUNITIES never come to those who wait...they are captured by those who dare to ATTACK.

2 comments:

  1. What do you think of the Sedona Method?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sedona Method? I have only heard good things about it. When it comes to one's own personal success, I believe each person must find the plan or method that works best for them and rings true in their own heart. Because of what I believe, I try not to give my opinion about any method or plan unless I have had first hand experience with it like I have had with Paul J. Meyer's plan.

    The only part of Paul's plan I do not follow is Step 2. Rather than micro-managing myself to death, I have a clear vision of what I want and like a "powerful magnet" my vision provides me with the step by step knowledge I need, on a moment by moment basis, to make my dreams a reality.

    Interestingly enough when I worked as a marketing director with Paul's company (one of ten), we had to declare at the beginning of each month what our marketing goals were for the month and our plan for achieving our goals. Since Step 2 wasn't in harmony with my own way of thinking, everytime I announced my goal and plan for the month, out of the ten marketing directors that worked for Paul, I came in last in regards to achieving our individual monthly marketing goals.

    I asked for an exemption from having to submit a monthly marketing goal and my plan to achieve it. This exemption was granted to me. From that point on I came in first every month, after that, for as long as I worked for the company. Which goes back to my personal experience that what works for one person won't necessary work for another.


    Frederick Zappone

    ReplyDelete