Pages

Saturday

Native American Wisdom

An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them...

“A fight is going on inside me... it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

This same fight is going on inside you and every other person, too.”

They thought about this for a minute, and then one child asked his grandfather... “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied... “The one you feed.”



_______________________________
How to SUCCEED at ANYTHING
This article contains the wisdom of 6894 Self-Help Books

2 comments:

  1. I had heard this story in a class I took 10 years ago. I have told it to so many people, but it slowly morphed into my own version. I am glad you posted it. It was good for me to read it again today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I had also read this years ago but forgot about it. I found it again while surfing the net. It is such a simply story but so profound. Whatever we feed wins be it love or hate, anger or understanding and remembering that, when I do, make a big difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete