Pages

Sunday

Life Explained to me in 1986


In 1986 I was struck by a thought that I found very, very disturbing.
The thought came into my mind out of thin air.

Life is empty and meaningless and has no purpose.

That is all I received. I found the whole idea of life being empty
and meaningless one of the most depressing thoughts I ever had...

Two weeks later, again out of thin air, the rest of the thought showed up in my mind.

Life is empty and meaningless and has no purpose except for the meaning and purpose you choose to bring to it. Therefore choose thoughts that strengthen you rather than weaken you. Choose thoughts that allow you to see love where others see hatred, understanding where others see conflict, compassion where others see injustice. Finally choose thoughts that make you smile and laugh a lot for it is those thoughts that will make life a grand adventure for you..

No comments:

Post a Comment