Pages

Wednesday

Criticizing People Does Not Change Them


I shared a picture up on my blog yesterday of a Halloween Costume called Hooter's Girl Retired. I received the photo from a friend of mine, an 'older' woman. I thought it funny and put it up on my blog to share with you. I didn't put it up on my blog to offend anyone but apparently no matter what you do someone will be offended by it. I received a letter this morning from a lady who was a subscriber to my Blog updates. Here is her comment about the picture.

-----------------------------------
That was offensive do not send me any more emails.
That does not seem very “spiritual” to me. 'Every older
woman' will be offended by that. Get a clue... - Kathy G.
----------------------------------

I am not sure what she hoped to accomplish by telling me she was offended by the picture. I am not going to change my sense of humor just because she didn't like the picture. I did , however, remove her name from my subscriber's list as she requested and I won't send her any more e-mails messages unless she contacts me first.

Did I offend you with the picture? If I did write and tell me.

More importantly tell what you expect to accomplish by telling me you were offended by the picture. Before writing me, please realize that just because someone offends you (accidentally as in my case or on purpose), no one is going to change their behavior to please you. The reason they are not going to change their behavior to please you is because people are not in this world to please you, they are in this world to please themselves. As an example, the lady who was offended by the picture. She didn't write me to please me, she wrote me to please herself.


Criticizing people does not change them. What
changes people is your love and understanding of them.


-------------------
E-Mail Blog Author, Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment