Pages

Friday

Family and Christmas Time.


While the Internet is a wonderful tool to connect with people, it can also be very impersonal.. I am a very personal, passionate kind of person, being Italian and all, so I try to write that way to connect with people on the Internet.

For most of us, family is important and this time of year family issues are front and center for most of us. Granted family can drive us nuts, make us neurotic and make us wonder how we got into such a mess to begin with. All that aside, when we work out the issues we have with family members, what we are left with is love.. How much we love the members of our family. With that being said, I want to share with you a letter I received from my son and my response to him. He has three little boys.

(To protect his privacy I removed some identifying information from his letter to me and replaced it with X's)

----------------------------
Dad,

As of today I am now employed at the University of XXX, specifically with the library system working as Webmaster for the XXX Digital Library. Getting a new job in this economy and at this time of year is a fantastic twist of fortune. I'll be starting there on January 7th. Unfortunately I won't get paid until the beginning of February but it is very much the position I wanted and I am looking forward to starting a new career in academia (as opposed to the corporate world.)


Dear Son,

That is Fantastic news. I am so happy for you. I am actually excited for you because I know how much you wanted that job. That job is perfectly suited for you. Almost nothing makes me more happy than when I see one of my children get exactly what they want..

Don't worry about getting paid until the first of February.. If you need some help getting through to your first payday I'll do what I can for you. You know that I will.. You are my son and whoever is part of my family, I will do whatever it takes to make sure they are taken care of you...

I love you Son and and, as always, I am so proud of you. I am proud of you, not because of what you do, or don't do, but because of who you are, this magnificent powerful, lovable to the core, one of kind, human being who I have the good fortunate to be able to call my son.

I love you Muchly!

Dad,.

P. S. Sorry for getting so mushy but since the day you were born I have always felt passionately about you! Damn I am starting to tear up thinking back to when I first saw you and held you in my arms. I know you know how that feels having children of your own.

Again a Big Congratulations!




------------------------------------------
Choose One: Six Minutes to Success or One Magnificent Thought or 60 Second Thoughts

.

No comments:

Post a Comment