Pages

Thursday

Simple Way To Raise your SELF-ESTEEM


When you feel your self-esteem is sagging, write down what you know to be true about yourself. Write down the virtues and qualities you have, in other words, your strengths, your good points. It doesn't matter if anyone else knows what your virtues and strengths are. . It only matters that you know what they are and believe in them. If you do believe in the qualities you have, by the time you are finished writing them down, your Self-Esteem and state of mind will be back up where you want it to be.

As an example, earlier today I had some negative thoughts pass through my mind causing my self-esteem to sag. Here is what I wrote down about myself that I know to be true.

I am a generous person, loyal to a fault.

I talk straight to people in a thoughtful way and I don't bullshit

My word means something, when I give it, I keep it.

If I have to lie or cheat to get money, I'll do without.

I respect myself enough not to let the criticisms of others destroy my peace of mind.

Like the Boy Scout, I once was, I am trustworthy, extremely so..

My friends know they can count on me being there for them simply by asking.

I do good things for others not because of what they can do for me but because it feels good to me.

I am a kind person who takes fully responsibility for my negative feelings and never blame another.

I possess tremendous inner strength and perseverance and use it to help myself and others.

I know that the love and confidence I have for my children is the love and confidence God has for me.


After I finished writing my list down concerning the good things I knew about myself,, I felt my self-esteem rise back up to where I like it to be. This is a simple method of raising one's self-esteem that worked for me. Give it a shot, it may work for you too.







.

1 comment:

  1. You offer some good advice and your method may in fact help many to enhance their self-image. There is no doubt that poor self-esteem can ruin the life of a person who otherwise would likely have attained at least a typical degree of success and contentment. That is one of the salient points of my recently released biographical novel, Broken Saint. It is based on my forty-year friendship with a gay, bipolar, Mormon man, and chronicles his internal and external struggles as he battles for stability and acceptance - of himself and by others. More information is available at www.eloquentbooks.com/BrokenSaint.html or authorautobahn.webs.com/bookpeek.htm.

    Mark Zamen, author

    ReplyDelete