Pages

Thursday

I Trust You Will Read This...

.
I used to trust easily. At first I blindly trusted everyone. After a few experiences of being disappointed, I learned to trust less.


I, finally, realized that trusting other people for any reason was a mistake. I realized that you can't trust people because people aren't trust-able. The reason they are not trust-able is because when comes to a conflict between what is in their 'best interests' and what is yours, they will choose their 'best interests,' before yours, every single time, with rare exception.


This 'best interest' issue has been publicly demonstrated to us by Tiger Woods and Jesse James. When they cheated on their wives, they did what was in their best interests to do without any regards for the best interests of the women in their lives.


It is human nature to be selfish and to think of oneself first. However all is not lost when it comes to trust if you know how to trust yourself first in relationship to other people rather than placing your trust in them.


I trust myself 100% in relationship to other people. As a result of trusting myself, trust is a 'gift' of myself that I am able to give to other people. I trust people implicitly until they prove to me they are no longer trust-able. People only get to violate my 'gift of trust' one time and the moment they do, I no longer extend my gift of trust to them again, not ever.


I don't expect perfection from people and I don't expect them to live up to any expectations I have of them (including the woman in my life being faithful to me) but I do expect them to be honest in their communication with me. I trust that if a person can't keep their word with me, they will tell me they can't keep it and make other arrangements with me.


Trust is based on the respect I have for myself and the people I am in relationship with. Trust expects the best and as a result I am usually rewarded with the best other people have to offer because of the gift of unconditional trust I extended them in the beginning of our relationship.

Your comments are welcomed. 
Post your comments anonymously if you wish.


---------------------------------------


Frederick Zappone's Law of Attraction Web Site 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment