Pages

Thursday

Why I stopped criticizing people.


I used to criticize people all the time.

I felt extremely justified in criticizing others because I deeply believed criticizing others would change things for the better.

I began to notice the more I criticized other people, the more critical I became of myself.

Finally I noticed that criticizing others made me feel more negative about life and other people  than when I didn't criticize people.

Over time I realized that criticizing others changed nothing. In fact, the only thing criticizing others did was make those who I criticized defensive and less open to change. In addition, criticizing others  made me start feeling  very  bitter and cynical about life  UNTIL.... Until I quit finding the bad in people and started looking for the good.

Once I started praising and complimenting people for the good I saw in them, my compliments and praised changed everything for the better, not only in my own life but in the lives of the people I complimented and praised. And that is why I no longer criticize others.

 
Happy Thanksgiving To One and All, 
 
Frederick 

Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life

No comments:

Post a Comment