Pages

Monday

I am a FAT person and proud of it...

.

What you are about to read is how I felt about fat before I began losing weight naturally. 

Sad to say we have been conditioned to hate or reject any part of our body with fat on it that's doesn't fit into the all American image of the ideal body. Phooey on the all American image. 

I am tired of making myself wrong for being fat. I am tired of hating myself for being fat. I am tired of feeling resentment towards myself because I can't diet, don't want to diet or can't lose the weight other people tell me that I 'should' lose. 

The trouble I have with anything dealing with dieting is that it all stinks of deprivation, especially depriving myself emotionally. I am so sick and tired of all the 'fat experts' who make fat people wrong and who get rich off of fat people. Screw them and the horse they road in on..... 

I will no longer make 'fitness gurus' the standard for my life. If God wanted me to have the perfect body he would have given me the genes to be that way. He gave me the genes of a fat person and if being fat is good enough for God and Santa Claus, then, by damn, it is good enough for me too.

SINCE I WROTE THE ABOVE, THIS IS WHAT I'VE 
LEARNED ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT NATURALLY


Overcoming the shame of fat by accepting our fat (we don't have to like it to accept it) is the first step to the fat disappearing from our body with no effort or struggle on our part at all.

Most people who are fat, myself included, were shamed repeatedly during their growing up years and since shame felt awful, food was the way we comforted ourselves. 

Once we find another way to comfort ourselves, the fat on our body will begin dissolving naturally. At least that is my experience. I am still a fat person but not nearly as fat as I once was because I have found other things that comfort me better than food did for me in the past.

QUESTIONS TO PONDER:


What comforts you beside food? 


What gives you your greatest emotional comfort?

Can you, without shame, admit to yourself how much food comforts you?

Besides food, what gives you emotional fulfillment without the guilt you feel when you overeat? 

The problem with guilt is that it feels as awful as shame. The guilt then makes us turn back to food as a way of comforting ourselves. Unfortunately this creates the vicious cycle of 'comfort and guilt' and that cycle doesn't end until we find things in our lives that comfort us better than food does without the guilt. 

Dieting is not the answer to losing weight and keeping it off. Finding other things that comfort us as much as food does is the answer. Once we find things that comfort us as much as food does, our desire to overeat disappears from your life with no effort at all.

What comforts you that's equal to the comfort you receive from food?

You may not have an answer to that question because food may currently be your sole source of comfort. However, if you start exploring things that could comfort you, they eventually will comfort you and your desire to be comforted by food will eventually disappear from your life altogether.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment