Pages

Friday

Today I give the 'Gift of Appreciation to the following people.

.
Today my gift is a very special gift of appreciation to the following people.


Each of you have left one or more comments on my blog that have either made me smile, created a warm feeling inside of me or lifted my spirit up when it was sagging.  


Your comments means a lot to me because I know it takes 'time and thought' to leave a comment.  Time and thought you could have used to do something else. Instead, you chose to invest a portion of your 'time and thought' in me and for that I am very, very grateful.

When you comment and I read your comments, I feel connected to you in a very real and tangible way... Being connected to people on 29 Gifts is a very special connection for me that I have never experienced before.  It is a powerful connection, one that inspires me to be the very best person I can be...

Thank you one and all, I am truly blessed to have you as new friends in my life..

THE GIFT OF MORNING THOUGHTS

During my waking up period, as I am drinking my morning coffee, I write down random thoughts floating around in my mind that make me feel good. These thoughts always help me to start my day off with a good attitude so I thought in appreciation for all you mean to me, I would share a few of my recent morning thoughts with you.

  • When I complain about what I don't have, I attract more things into my life to complain about. However,when I am grateful for what I do have, I attract more good things into my life to be grateful for. That's why I choose being grateful over complaining as often as I can.
  • Today I am loving my stupidity to death. I am not going to hate it, I did that in the past which made my stupidity stick to me like super glue.
  • I used to resist my faults and shortcomings but that only made them worse. They days instead of resisting them, one by one, I am loving my faults and shortcomings to death. As a result of loving my faults and shortcoming, they are disappearing from my life with no effort at all.
  • I realized that if I think good things about a person and don't tell them, I have wasted the opportunity to give some love away. I am working on giving love away more often.

On behalf of my daughter Lauren, I want to extend a special thanks to the people (you know who you are) who have supported her Elementary School Organic Garden Project This is a big project for my daughter and as her father, motivated by my love for her, I will do whatever I have to do to make sure she succeeds at turning her project into reality.

A little story about my daughter Lauren.  When she was about 7 years old. her mother and I divorced.  She obviously didn't like the idea and worse yet she hated the word divorce.  When I asked her what we should call it rather than calling it divorce. She said; 'Two adults Freaking Out!' ........she was right.... :) 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment