Pages

Thursday

Releasing RESENTMENT Through Honest Self-Talk


Any negative feeling we cannot talk about, any feeling we believe we
cannot experience increases in strength and power over us until we learn to love
it to death. Excerpted from  LOVING Hatred to Death ENDS Hatred (Article)

HERE IS EXAMPLE OF MY OWN HONEST SELF-TALK

I have been writing this blog full time for seven years..  I am now approaching 400,000 pageviews which means thousands of people have visited my blog and read many of my original inspirational articles.  In spite of my best writing efforts, in spite of giving people my very best, the number of people who have left comments or made a small donation in support of the time and energy it takes to write my articles and make them available to people, free of charge, has been next to nothing. 

The last donation I received was a $5.00 donation. I received that donation over two months ago. You would think with close to 1,000 pageviews a day, I would get at least one kind comment or one small donation a day but that rarely happens.

What has happened because my inspirational writings have gone largely unappreciated is that without being fully conscious about it I have developed tremendous resentment toward people who read my articles and give me nothing back in return.   It is not their fault, it is my fault.  It is my fault believing that if I gave people my best efforts, free of charge, my efforts would be rewarded by people who were grateful for the insights and wisdom I freely share with them. The reason I am publicly apologizing for my resentment is not so much for your benefit as it is for mine.

I want to be able to continue to write and post inspirational articles on this blog but I DO NOT, I repeat, I DO NOT want to continue to feel resentful because I attract people who either cannot afford to support my writings with a small donation or who do not appreciate the time and effort it takes to freely give away to others  the wisdom I've learned that has made life easier for me.  

I certainly do not want to continue to feel resentful towards the ungrateful people I attract to my blog because feeling resentment does not feel good to me and goes against the work I am currently doing with myself which is to love myself unconditionally, no matter what.

As hurtful as it has been to not receive the appreciation and donations I expected to receive, I learned a HUGE, HUGE lesson and it is this:

EXPECTATIONS HAVE ZERO VALUE EXCEPT TO CAUSE UPSET...

 
This cartoon courtesy of Mini and Eunice  In return for its use, out of  gratitude and appreciation, I gave them a $10.00 donation


SEE ADDITIONAL NOTES FROM ME IN THE COMMENT SECTION


.

5 comments:

  1. Whatever negative feeling you cannot freely express, in an environment of unconditional love, controls your life and grows stronger. The moment you express your negative feeling in an environment of unconditional love, it will, like magic, go POOF and leave your body for good, to harm you no more.

    QUESTION: Who creates this environment of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE?

    ANSWER: In my life, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DISSOLVING NEGATIVE FEELINGS: You don't make negative feeling go away by fighting with them. You don't make them go away by resisting them. You don't make them go away by arguing with them. You don't make them go away by suppressing them. All suppressing them will do is make sure your negative feelings burrow themselves into the cells of your body and, over time, make you physically sick. You make negative feelings go away by consciously recognizing the negative thoughts associated with your negative feelings and allow those negative thoughts to harmlessly pass out of your mind and body like you allow clouds in the sky to harmlessly pass you by..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fred,

    isn't human nature funny? We want something for nothing, but when we get it, we don't appreciate it. Yet, we appreciate things that we pay for, like a car that may break down and become worthless in 5 years or so.

    In essence we appreciate things more when we have to give up something of value to get what we want. But when we get something with out having to give up too much, we don't appreciate it. (Hmmm...sounds like relationships these days). Yet the latter is only true because we do not see the value in what we have until we're either forced to work for it, it's limited or it's just taken away.

    I am rooting that you will attract people that sees the value in what you do and trade something of value (which would be impossible, because what you share with the world is life changing) to show their appreciation for what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to add to my comment above:

    Yet the latter is only true because we do not see the value in what we have until we're either forced to work for it (PERSONAL FREEDOM), it's limited (CLEAN AIR & WATER, SILVER, GOLD, TIME, WONDERFUL ADVICE) or it's just taken away (FAMILY, FRIENDS, LOVED ONES,FREEDOM).


    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words. I just recently wrote a book titled love is all I know. It's now available on Amazon.com. So if people find value in my blog And want to give me something of value in return, they can purchase my book. It's only $2.99

    ReplyDelete