Pages

Saturday

Why People are ASHAMED (or afraid) to talk about their 'personal relationship' with God and why I am not...

People do not openly talk about God because they are ashamed or afraid to talk about God out of fear. It could be the fear of rejection or the fear of getting into arguments where people misunderstand and hurt one another. I do not have those fears because of the way I talk about God.

When I talk about God, I am talking about my relationship with God, no one else's. I refer to God as the God of my understanding so people know I am not invalidating the God of their understanding.   I never argue with people about God because their understanding of God is just as valid for them as my understanding of God is valid to me...

I call God by many different names including Infinite Intelligence, The Universe, Source, the Organizing Intelligence of the Universe.

I think about God everyday and only talk about God if someone wants to talk to me about God.  I do not feel obligated to convert people to my way of thinking about God, that's not my job. My job is to love people exactly as the are, unconditionally, the same way my God loves me.

There is nothing more important to me than experiencing my connection to the God of my understanding. When I feel that connection I feel loved, safe and protected from all harm. When I feel that connection, I  aware that I am constantly receiving messages of guidance and advice showing me the easiest and most loving ways to live my life.  

The only time I don't feel my connection to the God of my understanding is when I let 'fear thoughts' dominate my mind. 

Fear thoughts cut me off from my connection to God. When that happens I do whatever I have to do to restore that connection, as quickly as possible, because feelings of fear suck whereas feelings of being loved by the one who loves me feels heavenly...

Frederick Zappone

If this article has inspired or empowered you in some way, please donate. Your donations in support of my inspirational writings are gratefully appreciated by me.







No comments:

Post a Comment