Pages

Wednesday

Dear Broken Hearted

.
Question: How do you use this wonderful information to get over a broken heart? I think it's more like I'm having trouble accepting that it's over.

Answer: Yes, it is true you are having trouble accepting it is over. This is a normal reaction especially when we are still in love with the person who broke up with us. You want to know how to accept that the relationship is over? I am guessing that is your question.

Before you can accept it, you have to deal with the anger, hurt, outrage and upset you are feeling about your break up. You can't pretend it is not there because pretending only keeps the upset and hurt in place...

I have a couple of suggestions. First, click on the prior message titled "Inspire Yourself" exercise and see if that exercise will help you resolve whatever has to be resolved for you so you can accept the relationship is over.

The second suggestion is, in the privacy of your home, write a letter to God about your break up and all the feelings you have about it. Hold nothing back.... don't be careful, write it in plain English as if you were writing to your most trusted friend. Express fully to God all of your angry, hurtful emotions, hold nothing back from God, nothing. While it is true, we have to be careful when we express unpleasant truths to other people, with God we have to hold nothing back. Swear if you would like, God won't be offended...

Allow your words to flow, allow your hurt and anger to pour out of you. allow your tears to flow and don't stop writing until you feel some peace and relief. Repeat writing letters to God as often as necessary until you are able to accept your relationship is over as a matter of fact without hurtful emotion attached to it. That what I did and it worked for me.

Some years back, before I met Vona, I was in love with another woman. I thought we were soul-mates. Without warning, two weeks after my daughter passed away, she up and left me with no explanation that would make the break up any less painful for me. I was devastated and felt some of the most violent emotions I ever felt in my life and it didn't help at all that my daughter had only passed away two weeks before.

When my daughter passed away, this woman swore she would be with me for the rest of my life so I was doubly devastated. I took it personal, I took it real personal, I thought it had to do with me. After writing a series of letters to God, I discovered it had nothing to do with me. It had to do with her own fears about getting too close too someone in a relationship and then losing them. And when my daughter died she became overwhelmed with that fear and left me. She never told me this, these insights came to me after I wrote my Dear God letters.

Try my suggestions and see if they help you accept your relationship is over. Please keep me posted. I will go the distance with you on this until you achieve the acceptance and peace of mind you seek. You are not alone anymore. God healing arms are touching your soul as I write these words to you.

Teddy Bear Hugs to You!

Frederick

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to write "Dear Heartbroken". It has been 7 months since my relationship ended and I still feel the pain as deep as day 1. Sometimes I feel as though there is something wrong with me for hanging on so tight. Some days I feel fine and other days I get mad at myself for still allowing this pain to cling to me. I just don't know how to let it go.

    ReplyDelete