Pages

Saturday

When we let go...

.
What are we letting go of when we let go?

We are letting go of thoughts that torment us. We are letting go of the feelings those thoughts produce. We are letting go of the past and what could have been. Those things must happen in order for us to "live in the moment" where thoughts from our past can no longer harm us."

---------

"Sometimes painful thoughts from my past trying to intrude into my present moments of living. I treat those thoughts as "thiefs in the night" who would try to rob me of my power and peace of mind that belongs to no one but me..... I banish them from mind instantly because if I do not, they begin to take root and grow again in my soul and torment me all over again."

---------

"I may not be able to stop unpleasant thoughts from my past from entering my mind as uninvited guests but I have the power to show them to the door and replace them with thoughts that make me feel good about myself once more."

--------

"I was wounded once by what she said to me, shame on her. I replayed her hurtful words in mind and wound myself again, shame on me."


.


No comments:

Post a Comment