Pages

Monday

Don't shoot yourself in the foot!

.
A piece of advice I live by...

I never tell anyone my problems UNLESS I am absolutely certain they will empower me to solve my problems faster than I can solve them by myself. Thoughtlessly sharing your personal business with other people is a good way to shoot yourself in the foot and injure yourself.

People who give you sympathy, weaken you.

People who agree with you about how "awful it is", weaken you.

People who mean well but who are ignorant of all the facts, weaken you.

In many cases, the best intentioned friends and family members, who have problems of their own, will make your problems more difficult to solve because "misery loves company."

Before you accept advice from someone about your problems, be sure their life is in excellent working order. If their life is full of drama and failure, avoid advice from people like that like you would avoid the bubonic plague. As a result of following my own advice, today, there is no problem I cannot solve quickly with a little help from a few trusted friends.
----------

If you are seeking advice from anyone, here are the "credentials" you should look for.

1. Are they healthy.
2. Are they prosperous (not rich).
3. Are they easy to understand.
4. Do they have loving relationships.
5. Are they easy to connect with.
6. What do their associates think of them.
7. What do their friends think of them.

-------------

Don't be shy, if in doubt, ask for personal references. After all, when you apply for a job, they ask you for personal references.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment