Pages

Tuesday

Love: It's the little things that count the most

.
I make it a point to express my love for Vona every time I feel it. The other night, I went to bed early while Vona was in the other room watching television. As I was in the process of drifting off to sleep, thoughts and feelings washed over me, like warm ocean waves, about how much I loved Vona and how much she meant to me.

As tired as I was, I stumbled out of the bedroom in my birthday suit and told her what I was feeling and went right back to bed. The next morning she told me that what I said to her the night before was the sweetest expression of love she had ever experienced in her life. She said it made her cry tears of happiness and joy.

When it comes to expressing love to the person we care about the most, sometimes, the smallest expression of love can make the biggest difference in that person's life.

If we feel love for another but don't express it, love doesn't work. If we feel love for another but don't show it by our actions, love doesn't work. The people we love and care about the most are not "mind readers", so if we do not express what we feel about them, how are they to know of the love we have in our hearts for them.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment