Pages

Saturday

The Amazing Power of Self-Acceptance

.
You cannot hate things about yourself and expect that it change what you don't like about yourself. In fact, it will do the reverse. Hating what you don't like about yourself will only attract more of what you don't like about yourself. For example, if you hate being overweight that will only attract more weight to you no matter how many times you try to lose it by dieting. Hating or disliking anything about yourself only attracts more of the same.  On the other hand, falling in love with yourself exactly as you are will turn you into the most magnificent, powerful, lovable human being you could possibly become. 


NOTEWORTHY SELF-ACCEPTANCE QUOTATIONS


A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.- Mark Twain


The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself. - Mark Twain


To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections 
as much as our perfections. - Sandra Bierig


Of all afflictions, the worst is self-contempt.- Berthold Auerbach


I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me. If only I'd known that one day my differentness would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier. Bette Midler


If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. - Johann von Goethe


The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.- Paul Tillich


Resolve to be thyself ... he who finds himself loses his misery! - Matthew Arnold


Be yourself. The world worships the original. - Ingrid Bergman


Do not wish to be anything but what you are. - Saint Francis de Sales


Of all our infirmities, the most savage is to despise our being. - Michel de Montaigne


Our entire life ... consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are. - Jean Anouilh


To find the good life you must become yourself.- Dr. Bill Jackson


A man can stand a lot as long as he can stand himself. - Axel Munthe


I've finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be? - Goldie Hawn


I think knowing what you cannot do is more important than knowing what you can. - Lucille Ball


The man with insight enough to admit his limitations comes nearest to perfection.- Johann von Goethe


Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing. - Dr. Harriet Braiker


It is enough that I am of value to somebody today. - Hugh Prather


When one is pretending to be something they are not, the entire body revolts. - Anais Nin


Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. - Doris Mortman


Ultimate love is self approval.- Sondra Ray


Your problem is you are too busy holding onto your unworthiness. - Ram Dass


To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are. - Anonymous


The moment I accepted myself exactly as I am I became genuinely happy. The moment I became genuinely happy I started to attract all kinds of good things to myself magically. - Frederick Zappone

---------------------------
Support the writings on this blog with your donations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment