Pages

Wednesday

When I've Screwed Up, Self-Forgiveness saved me

.
Beating myself up for the mistakes I make is a hell of a way to go through life. And since it is no longer acceptable for me to beat myself up when I make mistakes, turning to forgiveness saves my ass.

Forgive means to: 1. grant pardon for an offense ; to absolve; to set free from punishment. 2. to cease to feel resentment against yourself or others. When you forgive yourself you are set free to create what you want rather than being filled with feelings of resentment, anger, frustration, anxiety, fear and dislike. The unwillingness to forgive yourself for your mistakes makes 'nasty feelings' stick to you like SUPER GLUE.   

Forgiveness is a gift I give myself as a way to release all thoughts and feelings of fear, violence and anxiety that pass through my mind in the course of a day. Forgiveness allows me to release what troubles and upsets me so I am free to move on with my life and fulfill my destiny

All of us have negative thoughts and feelings about ourselves, from time to time, that can undermine our ability to feel good, no matter what.  If we resist those thoughts and feelings, they grow stronger and have the power to make us believe the worst about ourselves rather than the best.......

A FORGIVENESS LIST SETS ME FREE

When I forgive myself  for having various negative thoughts and feeling about myself, I set myself free from those nagging thoughts and they lose their power to worry, torment, hurt or harm me in any way.

I forgive myself for feeling fear, right now.
I forgive myself for being too hard on myself.
I forgive myself for feeling anxious, right now.
I forgive myself for feeling insecure, right now.
I forgive myself for not trusting God more, right now.
I forgive myself for hating myself so much, right now.
I forgive myself for beating myself up when I make mistakes.
I forgive myself for wanting to control things that are not mine to control.
I forgive myself for not loving and accepting myself exactly as I am, right now.
I forgive myself for feeling like I have nothing of value to offer people, right now.
I forgive myself for feeling like an absolute worthless piece of shit, right not
I forgive myself for not impressing people the way other people do.

Forgiveness always begins with me.  It is a gift I give to myself so I can give it to others  If I don't forgive myself first, I have no power or ability to forgive others.

When I forgive myself for thinking the worst about me, I am able to separate myself from those thoughts and feelings. Once I do that, I see that no matter how terrible my thoughts and feelings might be about me, they are not who I am. Who I truly am, in spite of thoughts that show up in my mind that try to convince me otherwise, is a
magnificent, powerful and lovable to the core human being and you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment