Pages

Tuesday

Collecting Your Comments on Blame and Self-Punishment

.
In my work I am encountering a lot of people who are into blame and self-punishment.  I am collecting your comments on blame and punishment for an article I am writing.  You can post your comments anonymously if you wish. if you post your comments with your name I will give you credit for your comments if I use them in the article along with a link back to your site.
--------------------------------------------------

What does blame mean to you?
Is it ever good to blame? If it is, when and why?
What do you think causes you (or someone you know) to blame yourself or others?

Do you (or someone you know) ever punish yourself?  If you do, why?
What do you think causes you to punish yourself?
In which ways to you punish yourself.
What does self-punishment look like to you? 
What does self-punishment feel like?  
Do you punish others when hating or disliking yourself.

What other thoughts do you have about blame and self-punishment?  

You can make your comments as long or as short as you want?

 Leave your comment in the comment box below:
-------------------------------------------------
The Path To Freedom: Radical Honesty
.

3 comments:

  1. BLOG AUTHOR'S NOTE: Many folks subconscious mind is programmed to automatically beat them up when they don't live up to their own expectations or when they fail at something. This self-punishment happens outside a person's conscious control because the data lodged in the subconscious mind makes the punishment swift and automatic. Do you have any experiences or stories to share with me on this subject?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself remembering/reviewing mistakes made even as a very young girl, through other phases of my life, up to about 10 years ago. The punishment seems to be in the remembering & the embarrassment of not having been "perfect" or of perhaps having hurt or embarrassed others. I have tried to deal with these memories in a positive way, as lessons learned, that no one can be that perfect; I often feel much better, but then later, perhaps months or even years later, the memories & self-accusations come back. Any suggestions for a better solution would be appreciated. I don't think it can be healthy to continue to "beat myself up" over what is past, when I don't believe I am or have repeated any of these mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blame? In the end does it matter? Having gone through many experiences I finally decided I would rather be happy than right.

    ReplyDelete