Pages

Monday

NEW GOAL: To Never Disappoint Myself. (Article)

We all have disappointments in life. What most of us don't understand is how we set our lives up to disappoint ourselves over and over again.  

Some people disappoint themselves time and time again when it comes to their relationships.  Other people disappoint themselves when it comes to making the money they want. And still others disappoint themselves when they can't achieve the success they want in a particular field of study or line of work.

What causes disappointment?  Only one thing, expectations.

Expectations have zero value except to cause upset. In order that I never disappoint myself again I am giving up my expectations about people buying my personal growth books and programs. 

Yes, I still want people to buy them but in order to no longer get upset when people don't buy them, I am giving up my expectations.

Giving up my expectations of people buying my books and programs does two things for me. First it frees me up from the pain of disappointment I feel when I look at my emails and see I received no notifications that someone bought one of my books or programs.

The second thing that happens by giving up expectations of people buying my books or programs is that when someone does buy a book or program of mine I am unexpectedly and delightfully surprised. That is a much better way to live my life than having expectations that people will buy my books and programs as often as I want, when I want.

Funny thing is, I learned this lesson before in another area of my life and then forgot.  I used to have expectations when it came to finding the 'perfect love relationship' for me. The pain I experienced around one failed relationship after another because of unfulfilled expectations is more than I want to talk about. 

The pain of failed relationships got so bad I gave up all expectations of ever have a relationship.. In fact, I told God that I would sooner spend the rest of my life alone than spend one more second being in a relationship with someone who didn't want to be in it with me.  

THE MIRACLE

After giving all expectations of ever finding the 'perfect love relationship' for me, two weeks, after giving up that expectation, a woman came into my life who, as it turned out, was the perfect woman for me. 

From day one I never had any expectations of her. That was 14 years ago and I still have no expectations of her. She also has no expectations of me either and we love and cherish each other more today than the day when we first met.  It seems giving up all expectations made it possible for our relationship to become the perfect relationship for us.

----------------------------
If you appreciate the knowledge, wisdom and insights I just shared with you, please support my writings by sharing my links and/or buy my programs.

Self-Love Thought MASTERY
Mobile Link - http://j.mp/2sZmadJ
Computer Link - http://j.mp/2CiKD1o

Money Mastery Program
Mobile Link - http://j.mp/2sOzzoC
Computer Link - http://j.mp/2opBtHG

Inspired Living Blog
https://encwor.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment