Pages

Tuesday

You can do this, You know?

.
Question: You seem to be an extraordinary powerful person. You make it sound so easy to create anything you want out of life but it is not so easy for me.

Answer: Thank you for your kind words, that's quite a compliment you sent my way. If you knew me, you would find me to be quite ordinary. What is extraordinary about me is my attitude, an attitude born out of adversity.

As a kid, I couldn't write a word without sounding like a complete idiot. I usually flunked English and was told that I would never become a writer. Because I was painfully shy and a bit tongue tied people thought I was a bit slow and treated me with abuse and disrespect. I could have allowed those experiences to destroy me. Instead I used those experiences to strengthen me.

I have two attitudes that have made all the difference in my life. One is, no matter what challenges I am faced with, I overcome them because I have the attitude that "I can do this". I also have the attitude when faced with a difficult problem that "I do know the answer to the problem."

Whatever difficulty I am faced with I say to myself repeatedly I CAN DO THIS while other people say to themselves, I CAN'T DO THIS.

When I have a problem I say to myself;

I DO KNOW THE ANSWER to this problem. For the moment the answer is locked up inside of me but I do know the answer and with that attitude the answer always reveals itself to me. On the other hand, people, smarter than myself say to themselves; "I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER to this problem." And for those folks the answer remains locked up inside of themsleves and never reveals itself to them.

The attitudes of I CAN DO THIS and I DO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM have made all the difference in my life and those attitudes will make all the difference in your life too!

.

1 comment:

  1. How do you use this wonderful information to get over a broken heart? I think it's more like I'm having trouble accepting that it's over.

    ReplyDelete