Pages

Wednesday

Staying HEALTHY by Talking to the Cells of Your Body. How I do it.

..
 
Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog post is for educational purposes only. This message is posted with the understanding that the author is not engaged in rendering medical advice or mental health therapy of any kind. If you have a medical condition that requires immediate attention, please contact your doctor or your local healthcare practitioner. If you decide to apply any of the information in this message to your own life, which is your constitutional right to do so, the author is not responsible for the consequences of your actions.

I am a writer and I sit for as much as 12 hours a day with very small breaks. I have no side effects from all of the sitting I do. I am as nimble and flexible as I when I was 20.  Before I tell you my secret, I will tell you something most people don't know about me.  Most people think I am in my 50's... I turned 70 last month.  

The reason I don't look or feel as old as I am is not because of diet or exercise, it is because of the on-going conversations I have with my body...  Here is my secret:

When I stand up after sitting for a long time, I spend 60 seconds talking to my body (sometimes longer), lavishing love upon it.  I let it know how much I appreciate it staying
healthy while I am sitting and writing all day long, day in and day out.... After thanking it and lavishing love upon the cells of my body, I ask the cells of my body to forgive me for not exercising more. I then PAUSE and LISTEN to my body. 

I listen not by thinking but OBSERVING the sensations coming off my body..... By OBSERVING my bodily sensation they automatically
translates themselves into words I can understand.  Sometimes my body will tell me to take a short five minute walk, sometimes it will tell me to drink more water. sometimes it will tell me to research something about talking to my body more effectively, sometimes, it will intuitively lead me to find healthy herbs or Vitamins that will support me sitting for hours on end. That's my secret. By the way, your body will never talk to you with a critical voice nor will it ever judge you in any way.  

Related Reading: Heal Yourself - Talk to the Cells of Your Body

No comments:

Post a Comment