Pages

Monday

HEALING: Looking the Newtown Massacre Straight in the Eye.



I believe in looking horrible things straight in the eye, I didn't always.  At one time I was so cowardly, when my own daughter died unexpectedly, I couldn't bring myself to attend her funeral. One of the most painful mistakes of my life.  These days I do look at horrible things straight in the eyes.  It has been the fastest way, for me to HEAL myself from events that have caused me deep pain.  In looking at the Newtown Massacre straight in the eye, the thing I was most afraid to look at were pictures of the victims. However because I don't like feeling afraid, I did what I feared the most, I looked at the picture of 15 of the victims. As a looked at the pictures, fear melted away I was filled with smiles, tears, love and compassion for them and everyone I know... May love be your only guiding light in life, it is mine..




(Top row from left) Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Olivia Engel, Josephine Gay, Ana Marquez-Green. (Middle row from left) Dylan Hockley, Catherine Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli. (Bottom row from left) Grace McDonnell, Emilie Parker, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos
.

No comments:

Post a Comment