Pages

Wednesday

My Daughter and The Butterfly MIRACLE.


No granddaughter loved her grandmother more than my daughter did. One year after my daughter passed away, my mother and I were walking back to the car from the park where our family had picnicked that day. We had to cross a little bridge over a ravine to get to our car. As we approached the car, a squadron and I do mean a squadron of Monarch butterflies, maybe 150 to 200, came into our line of sight from seemingly out of nowhere. They began circling around us. They circled slowly and it seemed very deliberately. They circled us not once but three times.

Mom and I both were mesmerized  by such an unusual sighting and at the same times we spontaneously yelled out the name BETH! That was my daughter's name and she loved butterflies.  She had on a butterfly necklace the day she died.  As the butterflies surrounded us, we could feel the presence of Beth near us...

I said to Mom: "I wish those butterflies would land on the ground in front of me so I could take a picture of them." I no sooner said that than, one by one, the butterflies landed in front of us, near the edge of the creek bank.  Mom and I stood there speechless.

As soon as they all landed. I got down on my knees to take a close up picture of them. Surprisingly my movement didn't scare them away. As soon as I took the picture, the butterflies got up and  flew around us one more time and then flew off into the direction of the sun.

As mom and I stood there with tears in our eyes, we waved our good-byes to Beth and the Butterflies, hugged each and in the silence of our own thoughts slowly finished our walk back to the car.


----------------------------------

http://frederickzappone.com/indexselfwl.html


No comments:

Post a Comment