Pages

Monday

Rambling SELF-TALK Sets You Free From DEPRESSION

Depression, most often, is the result of unconsciously depressing or squashing certain thoughts and feelings.  And since you consciously don't know exactly which thoughts and feelings you are depressing rambling self-talk with set you free from them.

Rambling self-talk is what I call 'stream of consciousness' (S.O.C.) writing. In other words you start writing whatever is on your mind and you write without editing the stuff in your mind. You just let it flow out of your mind onto paper or a computer screen.

As you allow your current truth to flow out of you and onto a computer screen or paper, at some point you will begin to feel lighter and brighter. Why? Because you are fully expressing to yourself all the thoughts and feelings you were afraid to express or thought you couldn't express. 

I was chronically depressed for 25 years. 

I did therapy, pills, counseling, etc.  I did the whole nine yards and nothing cured my depression until I accidentally discovered rambling self-talk. To help you understand what I am talking about, I will give you an example of rambling self-talk from my own life.

What I am about to share with you is a conversation I had with myself in the past when I was stuck with problems on how to turn this blog into a money maker. The conversation I am publicly sharing with you is personal in nature so please respect that fact.  

Rambling Self-Talk (RST) doesn't have to make sense or be logical. It is about fully expressing whatever thoughts show up in your mind when you begin to feel frustrated or depressed in any way. 


A Rambling Self Talk (RST) Conversation from my PAST.

I have no clue how to make money from my blog.  I don't even have a clue how to persuade or influence people to buy my self-help programs and books or support my blog writings with donations. I pretend I do know how but I don't, after trying many different methods, I'm clueless. 

While I have been very successful in business offline I am a complete failure online.  How anyone makes money off the internet is a mystery to me. I feel like giving up, what's the use. If I can't give people what they want, what good am I.  

For Christ sake I post blog entry after blog entry and I don't even receive one comment, not one. Apparently I am so out of touch with people's needs, I should stop this madness and go back to building a business offline where I know what the hell I am doing.

The internet audience is the toughest audience in the world to sell to because you can't see them, talk to them, or hear them. When you sell on the internet you meet a massive wall of silence and you have to guess what people want and if they ain't buying what you are offering them, then it is not what they want.

The overwhelming amount of information on the internet has shortened people attention's span. People today have the attention span of a gnat. They hop from one thing to another as fast as they can. If you can't hook them with your first sentence, they are off  and running on to the next web page or web site. 


What you read is an excerpt of a rambling self-talk conversation I had with myself. I am sure you get the picture. Let it all out, let it all up, without judging yourself in any way.  That way  you will have a clearer picture of what is going on in your head and what you can do about it. And more importantly when you let up enough of the thoughts and feelings you were depressing, you won't feel so depressed any more.

Keep in mind  the Rambling Self Talk (RST) conversation of mine that you just read opened up the way for me to solve the problems I had with my blog in the past. I no longer have those problems today because RST allowed me to release the suppressed thoughts and feelings that were 'blocking me' from solving my blog problems in the first place.  

If you have any questions about effectively using 'Rambling Self Talk (RST) to release your depression, you can post a public comment or send me a private email by clicking here


AUTHOR NOTE:
   
Hello my name is Frederick Zappone, I am the author of the article you just read. I am an independent, self-funded inspirational writer. If you would like to support my inspirational writings with a donation, click here  😊




No comments:

Post a Comment