Pages

Saturday

What I do is NOT Good Enough. - Frederick Zappone


I am not good enough at anything I do.

How do I know I am not good enough at anything I do?  I have a lifetime of failures that prove that I'm not good enough at what I do. 

Here is one small example.

I wrote a book titled Love is All I Know that is not good enough.

How do I know the book is not good enough?   Don't you think if it was really good enough thousands of people  would have  bought and read it by now?  Well that didn't  happened.. The sad thing is that the few people who have bought and read it, loved it. 

The reviews that I have received about the book have been very good except for the one two star review I received.

I received this review from a former friend of mine who seemed to enjoy discouraging me from having a career in writing.. He was a good friend of mine for over eighteen years. I finally had to cut him out of my life because he was always putting my dreams down and belittling me for wanting to make money from my writings.

I wrote my book Love Is All I Know over six years ago. I have promoted it every way I know with very little success. 

The one thing that keeps me promoting a book, that clearly is not good enough for many people, are the five star reviews I received from the people who have  bought and read my book so far.

My experience of writing and promoting my book has taught me that while what I do will 'never' be good enough for all people, it will be good enough for some people and that's good enough for me.

This new way of thinking has liberated me from abusive and punishing thoughts. My failures have been blessings in disguise because they have taught me to be kind to myself, to be compassionate with myself. They have allowed me to love and appreciate myself more. 💓💓



Frederick Zappone
Author, Love Is All I Know




No comments:

Post a Comment