Pages

Monday

Forgiveness CURES Depression (Believe it or Not)

.
Before you can forgive yourself for something that is making your life miserable, you first must understand what it means to forgive yourself: 

Forgive means to:  

1. grant pardon for an offense ; to absolve; to set free from punishment. 2. to cease to feel resentment towards yourself or others. When you forgive yourself you are set free to create the life you want rather than being filled with feelings of  depression,  frustration, anxiety, fear. anger and dislike that stop you from creating your little piece of heaven on earth. The unwillingness to forgive yourself for the negative thoughts and emotions you feel make those 'nasty thoughts and feelings' stick to you like SUPER GLUE.  The more you resist what you feel, the more those feelings grow in strength and power over you.  Instead of resisting depression, every time you feel depressed, forgive yourself for feeling that way.  

If you forgive yourself for feeling depressed when you do, the depression you are experiencing will disappear from your life with no effort at all.   Forgiving yourself daily when feeling depressed along with forgiving yourself for anything else that makes you feel bad will dissolve your depression all together... 



A Session of Self-Forgiveness might look like this:

I forgive myself for feeling depressed.
I forgive myself for not being able to forgive myself for feeling depressed.
I forgive myself for thinking thoughts that depress me.
I forgive myself for resisting my depression and making it worse.
I forgive myself for depressing my thoughts and feelings rather than fully expressing them.
I forgive myself for thinking thoughts of hopelessness, helplessness and suicide. 
I forgive myself for not being as emotionally strong as I would like to be.
I forgive myself for not loving myself enough.
I forgive myself for not accepting myself exactly as I am.
I forgive myself for disliking and hating myself.
I forgive myself for beating myself up when I fail
I forgive myself for not being perfect.......

That's a start..... now add your personal forgiveness lines. 


I forgive myself for____________________________________
I forgive myself for____________________________________ 
I forgive myself for____________________________________
I forgive myself for____________________________________ 
I forgive myself for____________________________________
I forgive myself for____________________________________ 
I forgive myself for____________________________________


What you BELIEVE about your depression determines whether you will be depressed for the rest of your life or not. Depression is not a disease unless you believe it is and for you it will be. That's the way disease latches on to you, through your beliefs. The excerpt below comes from an interview Tony Robbins did with Dr. Bernie Siegel about the power of your BELIEFS. - Frederick Zappone, Author: Feel Good Newsletter




FORGIVENESS LINKS:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment